SUBSCRIBE Here: http://bit.ly/GemmasBoldBakers
Homemade Funfetti Birthday Cake & 20,000 Subs Celebration!
WATCH the latest episodes of Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking HERE:
* Double Rainbow Cake: http://bit.ly/GemmasRainbowCake
* No-Bake OREO Cheesecake: http://bit.ly/gemsOREOcheesecake
* Best-Ever Cinnamon Rolls: http://bit.ly/gemmascinnamonrolls
* No Machine Ice Cream: http://bit.ly/Gemmasicecream
* French Macaron “Donuts”: http://bit.ly/gemmasdonutmacarons
Hi Bold Bakers! This week, we have a lot to celebrate so I want to show you how to make a colorful Funfetti celebration cake for birthdays and special events. So let’s get baking!
FOLLOW ME HERE, FELLOW BOLD BAKERS
FULL RECIPE BELOW
Gemma’s Funfetti Birthday Cake
Homemade Funfetti Cake
3 Cup and 1/3 all – purpose flour (420 grams)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 ½ Cup Cup granulated sugar (300 grams)
1/2 Cup light brown sugar (100 grams)
1 Cup unsalted butter, melted (2 stick or 230 grams)
2 Large egg
2 Cup Buttermilk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract (15 ml)
2/3 Cup sprinkles
1 Cup salted butter, softened to room temperature (2 sticks or 230 grams)
3 Cups powdered sugar ( 450 grams), sifted
2-3 drops of Green food colouring (use what ever color you like)
Cookie Cake (Buttercream Frosting Recipe): http://bit.ly/GemmasCookieCake
1-2 tsp of Bubble gum flavor (http://shop.lorannoils.com/templates/product.aspx?ProductGuid=0360-0100&GroupGuid=105)
(optional. You can also use vanilla)
Bubble gum or your favorite candy to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 350F(180oC) degrees. Grease and line a 2x 9-inch springform or baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in the microwave.
4. In a separate jug, whisk the egg, buttermilk, and vanilla extract until combined.
5. Slowly mix wet into the dry ingredients until no lumps remain. Batter will be thick. Slowly stir in sprinkles, but do not overmix because the sprinkles will bleed their color.
6. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake for 35-40 minute or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
7. To make the frosting, beat softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer. Beat for 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar, and flavoring (bubble gum or vanilla extract) with the mixer running. Increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes.
8. Frost cooled cake: Start by frosting a thin ‘crumb layer’. Chill for 30 minutes to set the frosting. Once that layer is set apply a second layer of thicker frosting
9. Using a butter knife, pressing gently run it from the bottom to the top all the way around. You will create lovely, rough texture. Continue on the top of the cake moving from the edge of the cake to the center.
10. Decorate as desired with candy and sprinkles. There may be leftover frosting depending how much you wish to use.
11. Cover cake and store at room temperature for up to 7 days. Enjoy!